Thursday, March 31, 2011

Welcome Post

Welcome post/decoration hanger/thingy you put outside your house

I got this sweet puppy at DI for $5.


I'll be honest, when I first saw it all dusty and cobwebbed up, tossed aside on the floor, my faith in my ability to make anything out of it waivered a teensy weensy bit. But my sister saw it's potential and made me carry that baby home. And I'm so glad she did because I LOVE how it turned out!

I first washed the whole thing down with warm water and soap. Then I lightly sanded the whole thing to smooth out the wood chipping in several places and to take off some of the paint from the 1990 stencil job on the front.

Next I spray painted the whole thing white


and the base the same red as my pots.


I got this little fence topper thing at Home Depot for $4. 50


And her transformation was complete! I would like to get a vinyl lettering that says 'Welcome' to go down the front, but for now I like this just fine.


I love that I can use this year round and decorate it with all the different holidays! This is obviously for the 4th of July (and if you live in UT you get to leave it up all month because we celebrate pioneer day on the 24th!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol with cod tramadol price - can order tramadol online legally