Thursday, December 15, 2011

Framed Ornament Wreath

"It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags!"

We LOVE LOVE LOVE How the Grinch Stole Christmas movie at our house and even though Mr. Grinch is TOTALLY right when he says Christmas "doesn't come from a store"...I doooo have to admit that a big, sparkly bow catches my eye and pretty little boxes all done up in festive love makes my heart beat a wee bit faster. :) So I'm sorta lovin' this *wreath* I made from an old frame, some dollar store ornaments, $ store jingle bells, and $store ribbon-coming in at a grand total of $4-because it's sparkly and festive!


I actually made this last year before I blogged so I don't have any step-by-step tutorial pictures, but it's 100% simple. I spray painted an old frame red and hot glued ornaments (pack of 5 for $1) and jingle bells (pack of 9 for $1) all together in a sort of 3 tiered circle. I wanted it to have some dimension to it so I did 3 "layers", just hot gluing the ornaments side by side and the bells on top of the ornaments.


Then I looped the ribbon between the top 2 ornaments to hang it from the frame and tied the rest of the ribbon up into a bow.


Love!


But before you get too attached to that look (because I'm sure-after 4 pictures-you have already bonded with my wreath) I must tell you that it's actually inside now hanging on my window frame because I put my white coffee filter wreath outside when I finished it.


I kinda loved that it looked like a pretty little present just hanging there on the door though. :)


Thanks for stopping in today, I'm SO happy you're here!! Now I'm off to finish addressing and sending out my Christmas cards! Have I mentioned that I loooooove Christmas! I hope you're enjoying these last couple weeks of December and not letting the stress of the commercial side of Christmas get to you so you can really enjoy and appreciate this season of giving and trying to be more like our Savior whose birth we are celebrating. I have to keep reminding myself...if it's not a "have to" thing, DON'T worry about it!

How do you stay focused on the true meaning of Christmas amidst all the bustle around you??

Linking up to these great parties as well as:

11 comments:

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Love it!!!!

Dee

Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy said...

oh my goodness that is so so pretty! I LOVE it. so pretty and I LOVE the frame. It just completed the look!
Thanks for the inspiration BFF.
Jaime

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

You worked it girl with those $ store ornaments & bells! I adore frame wreaths. Wish I had some wise tip on how I remain calm and focused during this time of year but I still haven't figured out how to do that any time of the year...LOL

cnelson said...

This is soooooo CUTE!! LOVE it!

Isa said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Just Jaime said...

Love the bells and the great deal!

Jessica :) said...

Beautiful beautiful. As always. :) I actually like the extra dimension you get with the frame on your window inside. It's a really nice touch with this! I am loving the idea of "framing" door ornamentation. It looks so classy and clean - but still fun and gorgeous!
And since I always try to set the record for longest comment on every one of your posts {:D} I'll answer your last question as best I can.
One of the best things I've found for keeping my holidays as stress-free as possible is to get things done early. Do as much shopping, Christmas card making, holiday baking, present wrapping, fun project doing as possible before the 10th. I'm not perfect about it. I still have a handful of people I need to finish gifts for {though it isn't really my fault, which makes me feel a little better} and my Christmas cards just got mailed out this morning, but with as much as I was able to get done early, I've really been enjoying my more laid back time this week. It makes a big difference. The other big thing is, as you said, not doing something if it isn't really important. I have to be honest with myself, but if I'm trying to do something just to out-do Mrs. So-and-So, then it isn't important enough to actually spend my time doing.
Ha! Anyway. Enough soap box for me. :) I love your wreath. :D

Blissful & Domestic said...

I love the red frame! It all works so well toegtehr1 such a cute idea! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing at my Feature Friday Linky Party!

Danielle @ Blissful & Domestic
http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/

Mindie Hilton said...

Beautiful wreath. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time. I hope your Christmas is magical.

yanmaneee said...

kyrie 6 shoes
curry shoes
cheap jordans
a bathing ape
bape clothing
pandora
off white jordan 1
off white x jordan 1
pg 1
steph curry shoes

Anonymous said...

hermes bag
golden goose sneakers
bapesta shoes
off white outlet
hermes